on February 15, 2018
This quick guide will show you how create a Spotify playlist that automatically updates each time you find a new song on Shazam.
Have you ever discovered a great track using Shazam only to completely forget that you discovered it in the first place? Following the steps in this guide, you can configure Shazam to create a playlist and automatically update it every time you find a song using Shazam. Let’s get started!
- Open Shazam on your device but instead of tapping the ‘big button’ to listen for a song, tap the My Shazam icon in the upper-left corner of the window.
- This time tap the “cog” icon (see screenshot below) in the upper-left corner of the window.
- Now you’ll need to authorize Shazam to be able to update Spotify – so tap the CONNECT button in the Spotify row.
- Tap OKAY when prompted.
- Once the authorization has completed, you’ll be notified with a little pop-up window. Tap GOT IT to close that window.
- Go check out your Spotify App – there’ll be a new playlist titled My Shazam Tracks and that playlist will be updated each time you discover a new song.
- At this point you’re all done. But while we’re on the subject of automated Spotify playlists… Did you know you can have one that automatically updates each time you like a video on YouTube? 🙂